Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hyperactivity and Ensure

I have always been called "hyperactive".  As a child, trying to sit in a classroom setting was a nightmare!  The older I get, the more I learn to use my hyperactivity to my advantage.  The main problem I encounter these days is not taking the time to relax.  I feel the constant need to be doing not just one thing, but several things (hyperactive people tend to be great multi-taskers).  This plays to my dis-advantage however on days where I just want to take a break.  Being able to take a step back is necessary when you are a small business owner.  Unlike traditional work weeks, which allows employees to rest over the weekends, small business owners hardly ever get a much needed break.  Since taking entire days off can be tough, I try to to take a step back once a day and remind myself why I live in the great state of Colorado!  Going for a bike ride or a run makes a world of difference towards my energy levels and ability to maintain focus for longer durations. 

I also have one more secret that you must not share with anyone else...I start everyday with an Ensure.  Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but they are great for someone like me who hates making breakfast as much as I hate eating it.  My dad just recently retired from the company that makes Ensure and when I was a kid, we were given them as treat.  I wish I could say it was because of their nourishment, but I think the main reason was because my dad could buy them in bulk at discount prices directly from the plant where he worked and therefore it made for a cheap way to appease four kids.  In my adulthood I have never wavered from my love of Ensure.  My favorite flavor was discontinued, Banana Cream, but the tried and true Homemade Vanilla is a delicious crowd favorite everytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment